Must-pack items for a two-week trip to Europe
Are you searching the internet endlessly trying to figure out what to pack for a two-week trip to Europe? In today’s blog post I am going to go over what I think are the three most important items and my short-list of everything you can fit in a suitcase for a two-week trip to Europe.
A light jacket depending on the season.
This is a must have regardless of the season. Even in the summer months you never know if you are going to get cold at night or if it is going to rain outside. So, it’s best to bring a light jean jacket or even a raincoat to keep you warm. If you plan to visit Europe in the winter, then you’ll most likely be wearing a jacket all the time and so a packable puffer is the best option when trying to travel light!
One pair of jeans
Most of us re-wear our jeans anyways, so bringing one pair is enough for two weeks of travel in Europe. If you are someone who wears different styles of jeans, then I would recommend bringing a pair of straight cut jeans that way they are in between styles, and you can style them however you like.
Two different dresses: One casual dress & one for a night out
I am someone who is all about dresses because they are just one item that you can throw on and is cute for any occasion. Having at least one casual dress in your suitcase is probably best for days you go out and explore and can easily transition to wearing it out to dinner that same night. If you are more of a fine dining person then I recommend bringing a dress that you can wear to some of the fancier nightclubs and bars.
Below, I’ve compiled a list that I believe are the most essential items to bring on a two-week trip to Europe:
- Carry-on bag
- 1 jacket (type dependent on season)
- 1 lightweight sweater
- 1 Scarf
- 4 T-Shirts and 1 Nice Blouse
- 1 pair of jeans
- 1 Skirt or Pair of Shorts
- One Casual Dress and One Dress for going out
- 8 pairs of socks
- 9 pairs of underwear
- 2 Regular Bras & One Sports bra
- One pair of pajamas (preferably light)
- A pair of hiking pants (for those of you who plan on doing a lot of walking)
- One Bathing suit (dependent on the season)
- One Pair of Sandals (If staying at a hostel you will need these for the shower)
- One pair of Sneakers (preferably a pair that matches anything)
- One pair of nice shoes for going out (flats/boots/heels)
- Camera with charger and SD card
- European charger
- Backpack or small purse
- Small bottle of shampoo/conditioner/soap
- Hand sanitizer
- An unlocked phone or a European friendly plan with your provider
- A pair of headphones
- Lock (needed for your locker if staying at a hostel)
- One Towel (needed if you’re staying at a hostel)
- Minimal make-up (foundation, mascara, lipstick)
- Power Bank (to charge your phone while on the go!)
- Ibuprofen (you never know when you’ll need this)
- Benadryl (For anyone with allergies, this is a lifesaver!)
- Reusable water bottle (Countries like France have a ton of places you can fill your water bottle for free, they even have sparkling water!)
When you sit down to plan a Euro Trip, make sure to look at 3 Best Places to Visit in Europe