At face value, the job description of a travel agent may seem pretty straightforward. You may understand what they do, but wonder “Is hiring a travel agent worth it?” At the end of the day, most travel agents really can help you plan your dream vacation with little to no fee. In fact, travel agents can also be a valuable asset in actually saving you money on your trip making them perfect for those looking to stick to a specific budget.
Here, we have laid out exactly how a travel agent can improve your trip and save you money!
6 Reasons to Use a Travel Agent
1. Travel agents can save you time and stress.
- Researching destinations is time-consuming and reading mixed reviews online can leave you confused. Your travel agent can use their knowledge and connections to plan your dream vacation as quickly and clearly as possible.
2. Travel agents stay in the know about up-and-coming destinations and excursions.
- Travel agents are staying updated with the constantly changing tourism industry. They can recommend trending locations and/or excursions that you may not have even heard of yet! If you like trying new things, you would greatly benefit from an agent.
3. Travel agents keep up with travel restrictions
- If you’re reading this in 2021, you might find that your desired destination has travel restrictions in place that are different from where you live(due to corona virus pandemic) . If you have safety concerns, your agent can suggest locations with stricter precautions.
4. Travel agents have the best connections
- Yes, even better connections than the internet. They have human resources that can give them the details on any destination or activity they think you might be interested in.
5. Travel agents are your advocate if something goes wrong
- If there is a mishap with your flight, hotel, or any of your excursions, you can call your agent and have them sort it out for you. They will know how to communicate with the correct person of contact and will frequently update you when it is sorted out. They want you to stress as little as possible during your trip.
6. Travel agents can save you money!
- There is a common misconception that travel agents are for the elite. This is simply not true. In most cases, travel agents don’t charge you a fee for their services because they make most of their income through commission from the hotels and excursions you book through. What’s more, their extensive planning can actually help keep your budget on track while you are on your trip.
The Value of a Travel Agent
At the end of the day, a human resource is more trustworthy and can provide more accurate recommendations than any online travel planning website. While the services that a travel agent can provide vary greatly from client to client, they can help you plan a stress-free and budget family vacation that you will remember for years to come no matter what your travel wants and needs include.
Reach out to a local travel agent and see the magic they can work on your next trip.